A planned or unplanned pregnancy can be a scary event. At Care Net Pregnancy Center of Northern California, we want to support the client in every situation. We have volunteer client advocates and a sea of community resources available for everyone involved. We also have medical professionals available to provide support including limited ultrasounds to those clients that qualify.
Pregnancy options counseling is the primary ministry focus of CareNet Pregnancy Center of Northern California. We want clients to have the time and resources available to sort out their feelings and think through their options. Clients who visit the center are given free, confidential information about:
- abortion risks and procedures
- fetal development
- sexually transmitted diseases
- abstinence education and information
- adoption counseling and referrals
- community referrals for numerous agencies
"My counselor was very sensitive and straight forward, while sharing several options with me about my situation and how to make the best, informed decision."
"I wasn't being looked down on for my young age."
"The counselor really cares about me"
"I enjoyed being able to talk with someone and process through some things. I have felt really alone in this decision."
"I like the fact that the workers take time to get to know your situation."
"At first I was scared and nervous - but after talking with someone, I feel better and less stressed out. I had no idea how many resources were available to me. I am so glad that I came in today."
Care Net of Northern California offers the following FREE and CONFIDENTIAL services to clients who need assistance throughout your pregnancy and throughout your child's third year.
- Free Pregnancy Tests
- Pregnancy Education
- Physician and Clinic Referrals
- Fetal Development Information
- Pregnancy Options Counseling
- Abortion Information and Alternatives
- Abortion Recovery Support Groups
- Counseling for Sex and Relationship Issues
- Free Maternity Clothes
- Baby Clothes, Supplies and Furniture
- Educational Literature & Videos
- Housing Referrals
- Referrals for Childbirth and Parenting Classes
- Referrals for Adoption Agencies
- Referrals for Legal Advice
- Peer Support & Encouragement
- Spiritual Guidance
- Sonograms: first trimester only (case by case basis)